Sunday, December 1, 2019

Fixing my Maple Titanium Stove

During a certain camping trip, I accidentally stepped on the stove and got one leg of the stove distorted.  It ends up like this:


On close examination, I found the metal stub for fixing the location of the leg when extended, was distorted.  That metal stub was extrusion molded.

So, I ended up drilling a hole through the stub!


See another leg for comparison:


In order to serve the function of the stub, I placed a M2 screw through it, it's a bit long but it works.


It's not perfect but it works.  I shall look for replacement when there's a discount.  I could live with this one certainly.


Stressed tested with a bigger pot, very stable and no problem!


See the repairing at close, the red arrow is the original titanium stub, the blue is a screw fixed in the hole by drilling through the stub.


The fix has been tested in the same place (狗嶺涌) as above!