Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Going ultra-light, the purpose

I bought titanium cookware, even my stoves were titanium.

I bought and DIY carbon fibre stuff.

I bought ultra-light backpacks.

Of course, I could go farther, I could hike more for camping.

However, sometimes I still carry as heavy as before.

So, I know there exists as least two different purpose for going ultra-light:

1. To go farther... as you carry lighter, in that case, a smaller backpack would help.

2. To bring more stuff!  as the base weight becomes lighter, you could bring more stuff.

More camping stuff: like food, and more cookware for cooking different stuff.

More non-camping stuff: like a telescope, ukulele, cameras, or even a drone.

As a result, if you're targeting (2), don't buy anything that's light but uncomfortable, let say a small tent.