Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Wood gas stove re-visited

I brought my wood gas stove for overnight camping this time.  Humidity was quite high for a few days, with light rain too.

Again, I picked short branches on the floor for burning, no large branch required.

I used this it boiling water.


I only bought a can of gas with only 10-20% content, and this is mainly for starting the fire quickly.  I also got a small fan to improve the combustion when smoked came out.

My pots were darken, but then the cleaning was easy.

I cooked potatoes, ox tail with curry... which need small fire for a long time, wood stove is perfect for that purpose, I don't even need to look at the fire!  Just add some wood after a couple of minutes or so.



Finally, when it was not in use, just leave hot ashes alone, I believe it could keep hot for over half an hour.  In case you wanted to restart the fire, just add some branches and turn on a small fan, the fire will go strong again in a few minutes.

I really love wood gas stove.  Great for solo camping, or a secondary stove for cooking something slow in the background, and when you're concentrating at cooking something else.