Thursday, April 15, 2010

Function of CPL filter

Picture of my new CPL filter from DealExtreme, it's 58mm threaded, so it can fit my kit lens and also my 100mm f2.0, some people might think that the kit has a rotating front element so that a CPL filter could be hard to use, however, I found that this filter is nicely designed. As you can see from the picture, the threaded part and the filter part can be rotated, and therefore, after auto-focusing, you can adjust the CPL.



Two pictures said it all, first picture without CPL, you can see the contrast suffered a lot by the reflection:-




And then I installed the CPL, autofocused, and then adjusted the CPL angle to minimize the reflection, here we go:



Sounds a great little filter to bring around, computer processing cannot replace its function.